(Originally appeared in Being Brazen. To be updated on a regular basis.)
1. See the Aurora borealis – I want to be overwhelmed by beauty. I want to look at the skies and think, “Of course God exists!” I want to capture the starling phenomenon on camera.
2. Be a trapeze artist – I want to feel invincible, like my body has no limits. I want to soar through the air and feel the adrenalin rush through my body. I’d want to be airborne, if only for a minute. I want to put all my trust in a stranger. I want to amaze myself.
3. Watch John Mayer play live in an intimate venue – I want to watch his fingers strum that guitar. I want to believe that he’s playing for me and me alone. I want to hear him play Free Falling and Covered in Rain and remind myself to keep breathing.
4. Attend my very own book signing – I want to create something beautiful.
5. I want to make the ocean my bitch – I’ve been surfing for a year now and I’m still not very good at it.
6. Have a baby - I want to feel fiercely protective over someone. I want to read Charlie and the Chocolate factory to someone that is solely my responsibility. I want to educate, hug and care
7. Climb Kilimanjaro – Done. In 2007 climbed the mountain with my 50 year old uncle, his wife and a group of amazing people for charity. I’ll never forget the euphoria of reaching Gilman’s Point. (Note how three years later it is so easy for me to confuse pain with euphoria).
My uncle is the one in orange. He has his arm around my aunt. I am the girl at the bottom right of the photograph.
8. Travel solo in a country where I do NOT speak the language - Done. (June 2008, Italy)
9. Have a travel story published in a magazine
10. Take a hot air balloon ride
11. Sky dive – Done
12. Go shark cage diving – Done. 25th September 2010.